Saturday, June 9, 2007

Casting On

This blog will be a bit of a mess for a bit. I canceled service with my previous host due to constant poor performance and too much downtime. As a result, most of the posts will need to be recopied to here until I decide on a new host, if I do at all. For anyone new to my blog, it's a mixture of dyed yarn that I sell, the occasional finished project, and the obligatory cats.

I'm working on making my online yarn shop a proper job. I enjoy the process of dying yarn, even if I never knit from it. Right now I'm in the process of building up my store's stash enough that I can have a solid supply at all times. My average right now seems to be about 10 or more in stock at all times. Some of the yarn sells about as fast as I can list it, which is excellent but makes it hard to keep stocked. I try to vary the colors as much as possible. It seems that the bright candy colored yarn always sells the best, while the rich and vibrant, or even muted tones sit longer. I also sell some of the yarn locally, which I would like to see blossom into something regular as well.

There is a link on the sidebar to my online shop, and I will often post new yarn to this blog as well.

No comments: