Thursday, June 14, 2007

New Yarn And A New Project

This yarn is a short color sequence mix of berry and grape. When I was dying it, the yarn looked like a bowl of berries with dollops of cream from the few spots I left bare. It's still available in my shop. Due to Etsy issues, it was quickly buried under pages of stuff. I really do wish they would add better organization to the knitting section. It's disheartening to try to find yarn and have to click through a dozen pages of accessories and finished goods that are in the wrong category.

It never fails to amaze me how different the yarn looks from it's dye-hank to it's show-skein. I'm hoping that a particularly hideous hank I dyed will end up looking much nicer after skeining. I'm sure it will knit up into something nice, the color pattern is actually nice but in it's still dye-hank state it is a thing of horror. It's a summer squash theme - browns, yellow, orange and some reddish orange. It's a good sock yarn color, or maybe anything felted. It's also a good color for a stuffed bear or bunny.

There are three hanks of Neapolitan Revisited drying right now. Since the first one sold so fast I decided to make a batch of it. As soon as they dry I will skein them up and get them listed. There are three other hanks waiting for their turn as well. The above mentioned squash yarn, another Pimento hank and a chocolate/turquoise mix.

I finished the purple scarf earlier today. It's still in the blocking process. It's going a lot better than I expected but due to curious cats I can only block a small section at a time. One of them has a fascination with the little pins I use to block things and will steal them if they aren't secured. (by secure I mean completely out of sight and covered with a towel or two) I will try to get a picture of it in the next day or two.

I've had this thin pink/mauve/white 100% cotton yarn in my stash for awhile. I bought two hanks of it (120 yards each) last year off Ebay because it was pretty. I left it in the drawer because I had no idea what to do with it. It's not super soft like some of the other cotton I have but I can work around that. I started making another lace scarf with it, but I'm testing it out to make sure it's not too scratchy. I would hate to give it as a gift and find out it's not comfortable.

No comments: